Hotel Ciervo de Oro

19th Century: 1864

The Hotel Ciervo de Oro opened in 1829, as a boarding house on Contreras Street. In 1860, Mr. Duran, a commission agent of the most important factories in the United States and editor of the Traveler’s Guide in that country, was a guest there.

“Traditional” and “reputable” were the words used in 1864 by the press, in reference to the hotel. The owner at the time, Mr. Lena, announced that the property, which been rendering impeccable services for a considerably long time, was moving to a two-story house on Medio Street, where the offices of Mr. Estefani and Mr. Lopez’s had been formerly located. Once in its new location on Medio Street, the facility acquired the category of Grand Hotel and Restaurant.